Each Everglades boat is built with patented features and quality craftsmanship you simply won’t find in other brands. Our innovations are "Intelligent by Design" - they don’t just work, they work better. Our ethos was defined by Everglades’ founder Bob Dougherty who was the founding father of the modern center console boat. Today, the Everglades team continues to lead the industry, from aesthetics to engineering, producing the finest performance fishing boats on the water.
Invented by Everglades before our first hull left the factory floor, RAMCAP™ or Rapid Molded Core Assembly Process, is a better way to build a boat. Recognized for its exceptionally groundbreaking new and innovative approach to building a hull, the National Marine Manufacturer’s Association awarded Everglades its prestigious Innovation Award in 1999. Today, every Everglades boat from 23’ to 43’ is built using this patented superior process.
Foam is an essential building block in manufacturing unsinkable hulls. It provides a bond that locks components together while providing buoyancy required by the US Coast Guard. Most manufacturers use a process called "blind foaming" to fill empty cavities between the deck and hull to create flotation after assembly.
With RAMCAP, Everglades does the opposite. Everglades custom manufacturers our foam first and builds the boat around these high-density pre-molded modules. Most manufacturers use a low-density foam while blind foaming, inviting voids, sub-par bonds, and creating variable densities. Not Everglades. Everglades molds the foam first, creating high-density structural foam. Wet foam is poured into custom-made molds that cure under thousands of pounds of pressure as the foam expands on top of itself. The result is accurately aligned foam units that line the hull of the boat. These foam pieces are bonded to the hull and liner under a vacuum to create a one-piece hull. The result is a rigid, strong performing hull that provides a ride and feel that no other manufacturer can replicate. See our process for yourself.
1. The RAMCAP process begins with employing more hull material to provide a thicker, more rigid fiberglass foundation. Noticeably thicker than competitive models, the Everglades hull slices through waves and reduces water noise in ways competitive models can not.
2. The use of patented "structural floatation foam" is distinct to Everglades, providing rigidity, strength, and buoyancy that low-density "blind foam" injection cannot. Liquid foam is poured into precisely engineered molds that contain thousands of pounds of pressure asserted by the foam as it sets upon itself.
4. Ever look under the hood of an Everglades boat? It tells an amazing story. Hull hardware is bonded and through-bolted, rod holders and cup holders are plumbed to drain overboard, and electrical conduit is glassed to the underside of the deck. Rigging, mechanical, electro-mechanical, bilge pump, livewell pumps, and all major systems are then put into place.
5. Unlike most brands, components including the fiberglass console, metal, and aluminum structures are fabricated in-house to mate perfectly. Consoles are chemically and mechanically bonded to the deck. Manufacturing in-house allows Evergaldes craftsmen total control over the final fit and finish of every major component.
6. Our exclusive RAMCAP process results in one of the most iconic boat hulls ever created. Backed by our limited lifetime warranty, an Everglades hull provides stability in rough and turbulent offshore conditions that other boats can’t match. Smooth and stable, an Everglades hull provides confidence and safety in any fishing condition.
Everglades builds boats the way you think they should be built, with no compromise in materials or processes. Famous for our yacht-quality fit and finish, our innovative features and superior construction set us apart from the rest. Safety has always been our priority, understated luxury our signature. Take one look at our walk-through videos and virtual tours and you will see, no one else builds boats this way.
Thicker Applications. Where others may skimp, Everglades uses more fiberglass material to provide a safe, confident ride on every model boat we produce.
Another Everglades exclusive. Everglades produces and maintains our molds in-house, giving our craftsmen complete control over quality, fit, and finish.
Pride in Workmanship. A weld can tell a lot about the brand and its craftsmanship. Everglades knows no limit to our ability to produce industry setting standards in both manufacturing and appearance.
Master of Your Domain. Take complete control with ease and confidence. Yamaha's Helm Master® is a fully-integrated boat control system that moves even our largest boats in surprising agile ways.
Spend a day fishing on a boat equipped with Seakeeper® gyroscopic stabilization and see just how big a difference it makes. Seakeeper eliminates up to 95% of boat roll, transforming everyone’s experience on the water. Having a more stable platform absolutely makes it easier to fish. It makes it safer, too, since there’s a much lower chance of stumbling or falling. And when there are hooks swinging through the air and fish on the deck, a more stable platform is going to be a safer one. Your non-fishing passengers will appreciate it even more.
Some of our competitors celebrate their stake as the unsinkable boat. Truth be known, USCG floatation regulations have been in place to make recreational boats safe for decades. Most brands have extended these regulations to their larger boats making “unsinkable” hulls the norm. Where Everglades excels in hull safety and floatation is where others can’t. Our patented vacuum-sealed and chemically bonded hulls create a structure that if punctured or damaged will not become waterlogged, even over time. In terms of flood rate, pump rate, floatation, and margin lines, Everglades is the true leader in the “unsinkable” category. Everglade hulls are proven and trusted around the globe.
Not only is it in our DNA to design boats that get you on top of prey quickly and fish hard, we design fish stations and living spaces with incredible efficiency and stunning creature comforts. From strategically placed gear drawers and rod holders, to handsome cabin retreats with refined cabinets and fixtures, Everglades designs amenities that appeal. Everglades owners are as comfortable trolling for pelagic game fish as they are relaxing on overnight cruises. Everglades delivers life without limits.
Everglades founder, visionary and adventurer Bob Dougherty, established his career as a marine legend in 1960 where he was a key contributor in designing the modern unsinkable hull. During his 30-year tenure, he perfected the process of hull design, choosing innovative boat designs that stand the test of time and performance to this very day. Founded in 1999, Bob established a truly timeless design within the Everglades brand. His designs didn’t simply work, they worked better. Today the visual lines and design integrity Bob established within Everglades is strikingly distinctive, avoiding the pitfalls of design for design’s sake and forgotten trends. Authentic to its core, Everglades Boats provide an unapologetic design quality that produces a powerful response.